Thursday, January 26, 2012

Review: Fox 5 DC's weather app for iPhone


I love WeatherBug, I won't lie. Crowd-sourced data from my own neighborhood grade school, nice precipitation radar map, and optimized for iPad. Pilots and weather -- goes together like steamed milk and espresso!

First thing in the morning, I also like my morning news served up fresh, like my espresso. And I admit, I watch Channel 5 (the local Fox affiliate) when I am in D.C. So I downloaded their iPhone weather app, and was pleasantly surprised by the clean layout, the up-to-date info, and overall functionality. Branding is consistent with the TV channel's web site and on-screen graphics.

The app could use a nifty real-time radar map, but otherwise I'd give this a 4 out of 5, and recommend downloading it from the App Store (it's free), or check it out here, if you are a DC local, or just want to know when it's gonna snow on those people in Congress...

3 comments:

  1. I have been using the iphone apps you described in your posting, I am really satisfied with it. You can also find out apps for iphone by using google, I am telling here a nice and good list of best graphic books apps for iphone here.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deloris. I think the iOS platform is awesome for publishing, as well. I'll be addressing this in upcoming posts.

      Delete
    2. Climate forecasting software has emerged one of the mostly used app for iphone in research and development.

      Delete