The purpose of combining all these services into one schedule was to reduce the administrative burden for firms that need access to more than one of these unique niches. We learned that most small businesses utilize on average 3.78 niches or SINs and most large businesses utilize 4.88 SINs. Consolidation makes sense for ease of access and simplicity of award.
Professional services tend to have high sales volumes even though many of the firms in this grouping are niche players and often smaller than the average federal contractor. The average small business that holds the Professional Services Schedule conducts over $1MM per year in federal sales.
On PSS, all GSA contracts under $10,000 will be direct no bid awards. (Small Business only)
All contracts under $250,000 will be GSA Small Business Elite Direct Awards. (Small Business only). GSA will break out over $900 million in GSA Prime Vendor Contracts for re-distribution to GSA Small Business Schedule Holders in 2020.
In FY2017, GSA saved taxpayers over 10% of the dollar amount spent through the GSA. This increased efficiency and reduction of administrative burned resulted in $6.8B in savings. GSA enables 15,000 small businesses $1MM plus per year in direct federal contract awards. This means 37% of every dollar spent through the GSA schedule system are with small business — the highest utilization of small business throughout the federal government.
Read more at: https://gsa.federalschedules.com/industries/gsa-professional-services-schedule-pss/
The GSA PSS Contract only covers the categories detailed below. Certain IT, HR, and energy related services can be offered through PSS, but only to complement the core service offerings.
- Mission Oriented Business Integrated Services (MOBIS) (formerly Schedule 874)
- Professional Engineering Services (PES) (formerly Schedule 871)
- Financial and Business Solutions (FABS) (formerly Schedule 520)
- Advertising and Integrated Marketing (AIMS) (formerly Schedule 541)
- Logistics Worldwide (LOGWORLD) (formerly Schedule 874 V)
- Environmental Services (formerly Schedule 899)
- Language Services (formerly Schedule 738 II)