Monday, March 19, 2012

Why my MacBook hates my iPad


I find myself writing as much as coding these days. Since most of my coding is split between Java (WebObjects) and Objective-C (for iPhone/iPad), I have a tendency to lag when it comes to operating system upgrades. Nothing causes more headaches than your dev environment's Java version getting rev'ed right in the middle of a big project.

So when I'm writing proposals, working on my next book, blogging, or just working on a cool D&D campaign idea, I find myself using my iPad more and more. Of course, a keyboard/case combo helps quite a bit, but nothing beats a nice screen (easy on the eyes), light weight, and long battery life.

I wouldn't give up my MBP for anything, except maybe a MBA. Not that MBA, but the super-cool lightweight workhorse that I'll be developing Workbench 2.1 on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tom,

    I know what you mean. Still working with WO 5.3 on Mac OS X 10.4 using your book to learn it. The source code however is vanished from the internet. Do you have the original projectbuilder files available? Your help would be much appreciated!

    best regards, Bart

    ReplyDelete